Removing old/outdated/upgrades Extras

Is there something that would make Open Campground more usable? Describe how the enhancement would work or what it would do.
SantaMaria

Removing old/outdated/upgrades Extras

Postby SantaMaria » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:03 pm

When we first started with Open Campgrounds, we put in some extras that we find that we no longer use. Is there a way to remove them or make them hidden? We find that if we have used them in the past, they are tied to the old reservations and we are unable to remove them from the system even after we have purged the account that was using them.

nsche
Site Admin

Re: Removing old/outdated/upgrades Extras

Postby nsche » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:18 pm

You should be able to remove unused extras if you go to admin->setup->extras. Unused is a tricky term. In admin->setup->system options there is a value for "Months to retain reservations:". It is by default set to 13 months. This causes old reservations which have been closed to be retained in the system for the stated length of time. This is so they can be used in some of the reports which contain historical data like the transaction report or the occupancy report. If you do not use these reports you can set the value down to as low as 0 (I think that will work, I have not tested at 0).
Norm Scherer
Open Campground Author

nsche
Site Admin

Re: Removing old/outdated/upgrades Extras

Postby nsche » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:27 pm

I just coded up an enhancement which I am testing which will let you mark an extra as obsolete. It will no longer be shown as an option on new reservations etc. It will be in an update some time in the future depending on how testing goes and what else pops up.
Norm Scherer
Open Campground Author

Return to “Requested enhancements”